Rwanda Development Board (RDB) has made some changes to their announcement made last week regarding the permit price increase.
Please find below the new permit purchase protocols:
1) All permits purchased between now and 31st May for any trekking dates in 2012 will be at $500 – permits need to be purchased in full. In order to purchase the permits in full we will require the client’s full names and passport information.
(2) All permits purchased for trekking dates in 2013 will be at the new price of $750.
(3) Any permits purchased after 1st June 2012 will be at the new price of $750. For 2012 and 2013.
(4) Deposits will remain at 40% – $300.
(5) Top up date will remain at 1 month prior to trekking date.
(6) For any permits already secured with deposits for trekking dates in 2012, if we top them up by 31st May then the price will remain at $500. If we do not top them up by 31st May then they will increase to the new price at $750. Hence at top up date (1 month prior) amount to be paid will be $550 per permit.
(7) Any permits already secured with deposits for trekking dates in 2013 are automatically increased to the new permit price of $750. This means at top up time, amount to be paid will be $550 per permit.